6.15.2011

And so begins the kitchen renovation...

It's not a major renovation, but more of a face-lift. New countertops (DuPont Zodiaq in Bianco Carrara from Costco via local installers Top Masters), a black sink, copper pull-down faucet, tile backsplash (2"x12" subway set honey onyx medley & Skokie accents), and black appliances.

The biggest change for me will be going from the electric cooktop to gas. I hear gas is great, but I'm not completely sold yet. I'd better get on board though because the electric cooktop is on its way to ReStore and the new gas cooktop is on the living room floor ready for install.

Here are a couple pics of the way it was:


And a few from about an hour later (Rick works fast):


I'll post more pictures on my Picasa Web Album - Kitchen Remodel - as the project proceeds towards eventual completion.

Pretty exciting stuff! And once the kitchen is mostly finished, we can get another foster dog (or two)!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Looks like you are going to be eating take-out or meat from the grill with no sides!