7.19.2009

April Update










April brought about some great things. 1) An end to busy season. 2) Plants emerging 3) Outdoor activities 4) New aditions


Plants Emerging:
The blooming plants along our walkway is the carryover part of my new hobby of gardening. Holly and I planted these bulbs last fall. Weather in KC during spring is a great 60 to 70 degrees most of the time which allowed me to do some needed work on the outside of the house.

Outdoor Activities:
Inspiration came from Powell Gardens, which is a short trip from our house (~30 minutes).





After seeing this cool 'living' wall at Powell gardens I decided that I was going to pull out the landscape timbers that were along the side of the house where the fence once stood. We lost the first portion of the fence to a large pine tree in our yard which fell during the winter. The remaining portion fell because it was rotted at the base and another windstorm came through during March.
New Additions:
The best part of April was the new addition the Mike and Christy received



This is a pic of my niece Lucy! She is so adorable.
This is a pic of proud Uncle Joey. I should mention that Lucy went right for my nips after this pic was taken. Guess my man boobs have gotten large. Might be time to lose some weight. No milk there little Lucy. Sorry!




Here is a pic of Lucy with Grandpa Joe. My Dad is a good baby holder b/c he, like me, has a lot of good natural padding.
I don't have any pics of Holly with Lucy, but Holly spent a lot of time holding this little cute ham loaf.

No comments: