1.13.2009

Have you started it yet?

So Joe has been bugging me for about 6 months now that we need to have a blog. In response to his insistence, I drafted this site about 5 months ago, forgot about it for 4 months, and then got flagged by Google as a potential spam website resulting in an email to confirm our existence or be terminated. At that point I figured it was probably time to come up with a firm concept for this blog or all my work would be deleted by the fine folks in Mountain View, CA or wherever they are. (I'm assuming that their threat of termination was limited to just the site - not the two of us.)

I am a regular reader of blog postings. Go Fug Yourself, TVaholic, Plan B, Caleb's - I read 'em all regularly. I'm also into facebook, myspace, and reading The Onion on my cell phone. I think it has to do with the fact that I like the Internet, computers, and technology in general more than Joe does, even though this was his idea.

This blog will probably be of interest only to our family and close friends. As much as I love the Internet and reading, even I don't go out and read stranger's blogs for fun. Other people's lives? Boring! We don't even watch reality TV. So if you're here because you know us and like seeing what we're up to, welcome. If you're not, well, hello anyway while you're passing through.

We will both try to keep up with this, but like 95% of the other blogs out there, we'll probably only write when we get around to it or when something interesting happens. I do promise that we won't apologize at the beginning of every posting for "how long it's been since we last wrote". Real life will get in the way of writing in (on?) this, but I think that's how it's supposed to work.

For content, this blog will probably contain updates of our activities, our trials and successes while geocaching, insights into each of our personalities, and the occasional recipe. But who knows - I guess you'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: